Good Afternoon! So it is officially September (where did the time go this year?!), and the first signs of fall are in the air. When living in Florida, fall for me was just a sign of not ungodly hot weather and maybe some fall festivals in the area. Living in Utah, autumn brings mixed feelings for me. It means summer hiking season is ending and it will soon be either too cold or just generally wet conditions on the trails. But it also means FALL COLORS! Seasons are fascinating for me. It keeps the weather interesting and ever-changing. (Again, this is a product of my Floridian upbringing)
Side note: I have exciting news! I will be home (in St. Pete) for Christmas this year and I am very excited to see my family and friends. It will be the first (of many more) Christmas that Brighton and I will be together. 🙂 My sister is throwing a bridal party for me too!
So I am compiling a list of activities to do during this autumn in addition to ODing on Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
- Pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins (obviously!)
- Fall camping
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes (I can mark this one off already)
- Snowbird’s 43rd Annual Oktoberfest Celebration
- Aug. 15 – Oct. 11, Every Saturday – Sunday, 12pm – 6 pm
- Driving the Scenic Drives
- Alpine Loop
- Logan Canyon
- Mt Nebo Loop
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Fall Hikes (Still looking for these in Utah)
- Sugarloaf in Little Cottonwood
- Mt. Naomi in Logan Canyon
Smokey Mountains, October 2012
Maxpatch Mountain, October 2012
Backpacking in the Smokey Mountains, October 2012
- Pictures with Fall Foliage!
- I saw this online and it really makes me want to fly back East this fall to visit our mountain home in North Carolina! According to this Fall Foliage Map, Utah’s peak color time will be between October 10 and 24.
- Re-Visiting Southern Utah National Parks (School is back in session and the weather has cooled down, which makes it a perfect time to go back!)
- Corn Mazes
- Haunted Houses
- Pumpkin Days at Wheeler Farms
- Frightmares at Lagoon
- Farmers Market at Pioneer Park
- Dine O’ Round (Not exactly a Fall activity, but one of my favorite September Events in the SLC area!) — September 11-27th
Happy Fall! What are your favorite autumn activities? Any suggestions for fall hikes in the Utah area?