It’s spring here in Salt Lake City, and one of my favorite events of the season is Thanksgiving Point’s Tulip Festival! It runs during April/May every year in Thanksgiving Point’s Ashton Gardens located in Lehi, Utah.
I discovered it the first year I was here, and I make an effort to go every year, if possible. For me, it signals the passing of winter and the beginning of warmth and more time outdoors.
“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant.” – Anne Bradstreet
This year, I went with my friend Kelli since she had never been in all her years of living here in Utah! It’s a must-go in my opinion. 🙂
About the Tulip Festival
The festival is already in its 13th year (!!), and it’s a neat experience because of the expanse of the 55-acres of garden that they plant over 280,000 tulips in hundreds of varieties, all of which are imported from Holland! How cool is that? When my parents visited back in 2015, we rented a golf cart and had a great time driving around the gardens. They also offer Segway rentals! This year we walked around though. At the waterfall area, they have food, drink, and other vendors circling the quad for a mini-market to enjoy after you’ve explored the gardens. We indulged in Bruges Waffles. Yummm!
The areas that were most memorable for me were the Fragrance Garden, Tulip Fashion Show, Umbrella Walk, and the Tulip Spring Quotes.
Quotes about Spring
I stopped and read all of the quotes, and took photos to share as well. For me, these quotes describe springtime perfectly!
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. – Anne Bradstreet
- I will be the gladdest thing under sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends” – Okakura Kakuzo
- April… hath put a spirit of youth in everything – William Shakespeare
- “Is the spring coming?” he said, “What is it like?” It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine”
- Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the mind.” – Luther Burbank
- I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden – Ruth Stout
- In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours – Mark Twain
- Behind my friends, the spring is come. – Sitting Bull
- A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in— what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars – Victor Hugo
- Daffodils are like girls in calico dresses, holding hands, dancing through a meadow – Peter Lassig
- Spring— new leaves on old trees – Celtic Folk Song
- Nothing is so beautiful as spring – Gerard Manley Hopkins
For more information on this event, visit their website!
Have you been to a Tulip Festival before? Tell me about your experience in the comments below!