2 Months Until I am Married… What?!
Breathe in. Breathe out. I have about 2 months to go for this wedding, and that calm sense of relaxation that I had about 3 months ago is nowhere to be seen. It just hit me that I have a lot of things to do for this wedding still.
One of the blogs I read has her wedding countdowns set up in what she had, what she had in the works, and what she needs to do still. I like that idea, and it might even make me feel like I’ve accomplished more than I have so here it goes…
What I Have So Far:
Date & Venue – Woo!
DJ – Just booked in the last two weeks! The company was recommended to us by the venue and by a friend of my sister’s– Grand Hemond and Associates
Wedding Dress– David’s Bridal — Getting it altered now, should be done by mid-February. It will have a slightly different neckline and hemmed/bustled. Also, I really dislike this girl’s expression.
Veil: This one ordered off Etsy this week after the one from Amazon was too cheap. (It was too stiff, and looked like I was playing dress up as a bride).
Engagement Photos: We have many! Overachievers. I also have a second session, which I haven’t posted about yet.
Caterer: Carrabbas’ on 4th Street. I have talked with them, and sent them an email. I am having trouble getting a response, which is something I am currently working on.
Cake: I will be placing an order to Publix soon. It will be a cupcake cake. My cake topper is on its way, and the cake stand will be ordered March 1st.
Just for fun, this is a proof– It will be gold though!
Photographer: Contemporary Captures Photography based out of Tampa
Hair & Makeup: My friend Jordan. (She’ll be doing me and my bridesmaids). She did my hair and makeup for this photo:
Hotel Room Block: Done, with a cutoff date on March 1st.
Wedding Registries: On our website.
Wedding Website & Hashtag: Done. #BecomingTheGardiners
Save the Dates: Sent!
Guest List: Created for the invitations. Done and waiting for RSVPs.
Officiant: My dad’s coworker. We met with him when we were home in St. Pete over Christmas.
Bridal Shower: Successful! Thanks to my Mom and Katie (MOH) 🙂
Bridesmaids: Bridesmaids have ordered their dresses off Weddington Way in Cobalt Blue 🙂 I gave them 4 choices of short, cobalt blue, chiffon dresses. I believe they ended up ordering the 4 different styles between them. I am still waiting for them to receive the dresses and try them on.
Style 4 (2 photos):
Groomsmen: We picked out the tux for Brighton and the groomsmen today! Now we just need the groomsmen to go in for a fitting at Men’s Warehouse.
Brighton’s Ring: Bought and paid for… Just waiting a couple weeks for the order to come in.
What Needs to Be Done…
Accessories: I am still working on finding the perfect look on my day. I am currently working on deciding which flower crown to buy on Etsy.
Other assorted items:
- Collecting RSVPs (they are trickling in! Due date is February 15)
- Flowers! I’ve assigned my mom and future mother in law for this. I gave them some photos of what I’d like and we’ll see what they come up with.
- Rehearsal Dinner Plans – We are thinking casual dinner gathering at my parents’ house with catered food, but no other plans than that so far.
- Decor – I am planning on doing some mason jars with burlap runners, but this is in the “idea” stage right now.
- Linens – I need to order these soon. Like this week.
- Plane Tickets – Um, these need to be bought yesterday. Oops. But I have approved time off (with paid vacation days!!! Woo, #adulting!) for this already.
- Songs for Ceremony, Mother/Son Dance, Father/Daughter, First Dance as Newlyweds – No idea for any of these. Any suggestions?
- Marriage License
- Accessories for Bridesmaids
I am attempting to document every step of my wedding planning process. As we get closer, the more I realize that this is quickly approaching and everything just needs to get done! How did you past brides-to-be feel during this time? How did you accomplish everything that needed to get done?